Unfortunately, there is no seats available at this specific time. Please pick up another date or time.
The Douro River is the second longest crossing Portugal. It flows into Porto, but before that, upstream, in the interior of the country, we can admire the mountainous formation along the river known as the Douro Valley. Here, the combination of altitude, soil and climate create the perfect setting for the cultivation of vines that have produced Port Wine for centuries!. It is the oldest demarcated wine area in the world! This region begins approximately 100 km from the city of Porto, is distinguished as a natural heritage by UNESCO (2001), and is undoubtedly one of the most remarkable landscapes in Portugal. Currently, it stands out as one of the most pleasant regions in the country to visit, where it is easy to find a balance between Nature, Landscape and Elegance.
In Peso da Régua - the gateway to the Douro demarcated region - we'll do some sightseeing and start breathing in the vineyards, then head to Pinhão in the heart of the Douro Wine Region.
On the way we also find the beautiful Amarante (for some, one of the most "Romantic" cities in Portugal). It is a small town north of Porto with around 50,000 inhabitants that saw its notoriety grow from the construction of the Monastery of S. Gonçalo (16th century) - In honor of the pilgrim/miracle worker who settled here after incursions through Rome and Jesualém -, and also its beautiful medieval bridge where a notable resistance to the French Invasions took place during 14 days at the beginning of the 20th century. XIX. Here we will take a short walk along the banks of the Tâmega River and appreciate the setting - Medieval Bridge, Church/Monastery and Historic Center.
Key points of our visit:
- Discover the Vineyards and Properties walking and driving through the mountain slopes;
- Understand the structure and gateway of the Douro Vinhateiro from Régua;
- Visit a local producer and taste Port Wine;
- Embark on a Small Cruise so you can admire the region from the river;
- Visit to the historic center of Amarante.
09:00am - Pick up
10:30am - Amarante - Historical centre
12:00am - Régua - Village sightseeing
01:00pm - Lunch / Free time
02:30pm - S. Leonardo de Galafura
03:30pm - Visit Port Wine winery+Premium taste / River cruise (Optionals)
05:00pm - Pinhão
07:00/07:30pm - Return to origin
End of our services
Pick up/drop at your accommodation (Porto, Braga or Guimarães)
Bottled water in the van
Wi-Fi in the van
Personal accident and liability insurance
* This tour is done in any weather condition, and has outdoor component. According to forecasts, ensure the use of:
- Comfortable shoes / Fresh clothes
- Waterproof clothing / Rain protection
* Lunch break will be free time. You can accept our guide's suggestions, or simply enjoy in private.
* If you wish accommodation pick up, kindly provide address/name on checkout "Additional info" fields.
Standard meeting points:
R. dos Biscaínhos 105, 4700-415 Braga
Largo República Brasil 33, 4810-446 Guimarães
Praça da Liberdade 126, 4000-069 Porto
Cancellation by the client
Up to 48h before = 100% refund
Less than 48h = 30% refund
Cancellation by Portugal Autêntico
All times = 100% refund
There are no reviews for this activity